March 6, 2010

Tastefully Simple and... IKEA?

Yep. I went to Ikea today. One of my other hobbies is crafting - I like to sew and make cards. I also LOVE selling Tastefully Simple. I'm not particularly good about changing gears and cleaning up, because sometimes I don't finish what I'm working on before I want or have to move on to the next thing.

In any event, I decided that the guest room that only got used for 1 week every 2 years was being rehabbed. Out with the bed, in with some desks. Functional makes me happy.

I got 2 78" desks - 1 for sewing, 1 for paper crafting. I also got a 39" desk to do my Tastefully Simple paperwork - I will add shelves above this desk for my food kits and supplies as well.

Then I got a bookcase. To hold some supplies for crafting, and to put a TV on top of.

Yes, I know. What does this have to do with Tastefully Simple (besides the fact that I have a new place to do paperwork)? A NEW co-worker that I introduced to Tastefully Simple on Friday was AT IKEA. And when I spoke to her, she said, "Nick was asking me last night if the Parmesan biscuits taste like the Red Lobster ones."

I said "they do, without all the grease, but you can add butter if you like the extra grease".

He seemed excited, and I know I was. This meant that she actually took the catalog home and discussed it with someone. Which means I have a potential new customer, hostess, or recruit. I'm happy either way. A small mention turned into a second thought, about a product she had NEVER heard of.

Of course, my daughter doesn't like the biscuits (or many other breads at all - it has nothing to do with TS, trust me!), and she made the WORST face when my co-worker asked her if she liked them! Thanks, kid! I'm so glad you're on my side! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hang out with you this weekend. GO IKEA!!!