February 18, 2010

Part-Time Jobs ROCK

They really do. Part-time jobs are a break from reality. Think about it. You go to work - 9 to 5 (or whatever your hours are). You are serious, work hard and get a paycheck. But do you really enjoy it?

Not usually.

Part-time jobs are better. You can have fun. You can relax. Everything you make is 'extra'. It's not your bread and butter, it's the Tastefully Simple Rhubarb Strawberry Spread on TOP of the bread and butter (yeah, that was lame, but whatever).

Well, I've had part-time jobs. I was a cosmetologist. It was my break. Social vs. serious. But I worked hard for that money. I mean, I stood on a concrete floor with dress shoes on, contorting my body this way and that way, sometimes cutting my knuckles. My back hurt. You get the drift.

Well, an average Sunday for me would net about $100. But it was 6 hours of hard (but fun) work. Well, tonight, I made $116. Selling Tastefully Simple.

What did I do? I mailed catalogs to my aunt. I typed up a paragraph telling her to collect orders and send them to me. I used a calculator for 15 minutes, typed for 5, and made a phone call. A total of 30 minutes, 45 max, from start to finish.

Can your part-time job pay like that? Better yet, can your "REAL" job pay like that?

No, mine can't either. So my success with Tastefully Simple is important to me. Because if I can have a fun and easy FULL-TIME job, why wouldn't I want it? Life is too short to be stressed. Why else would the company's tagline be "the food you love, the time you deserve"? You don't think they were only referring to preparation, did you? :)

Anybody want to join me? I'm hiring!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you're doing a great job at it!!!

Unknown said...

Recruit 'em, baby!!

Unknown said...

Awesome! :)